NOTICE: THE CPANET FORUM HAS MOVED!!!
PLEASE VISIT THE NEW FORUM AT: HTTP://CPAFORUM.CPANET.COM/
this forum will remain available for archive purposes only. SEE YOU AT THE NEW FORUM!!

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Passed! Certification & Licensure (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 CPAnet Forum : Passed! Certification & Licensure
Subject Topic: Former employer Not signing off experienc (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MTLosAngeles

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 22:48 | IP Logged  

Hi!  Has anybody had problems going back to a former employer and asking him to sign off on your work experience?  I am not done with my exams but have worked in public accounting for 3 years and am about the leave the firm but I want to be able to come back to the employer and ask him to sign off on my work experience.  Is that possible?  Does the former employer have a right to not sign off on my work experience?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Back to Top View MTLosAngeles's Profile Search for other posts by MTLosAngeles

kimberly

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 02:12 | IP Logged  

MTLosAngeles wrote:

Hi!  Has anybody had problems going back to a former employer and asking him to sign off on your work experience?  I am not done with my exams but have worked in public accounting for 3 years and am about the leave the firm but I want to be able to come back to the employer and ask him to sign off on my work experience.  Is that possible?  Does the former employer have a right to not sign off on my work experience?

They can refuse to sign, but they have to write a letter explaining why. I am in the situation where I cannot get my license only because my employer didn't like me anymore, and won't sign it, and is lying to the CPA board about what my job entailed. I passed my tests months ago, but my last boss decided to be a b***h and go back on her word.

Back to Top View kimberly's Profile Search for other posts by kimberly

cflas08
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 19:09 | IP Logged  

kimberly wrote:
MTLosAngeles wrote:

They can refuse to sign, but they have to write a letter explaining why. I am in the situation where I cannot get my license only because my employer didn't like me anymore, and won't sign it, and is lying to the CPA board about what my job entailed. I passed my tests months ago, but my last boss decided to be a b***h and go back on her word.

If the supervisors are actively licensed CPAs, they cannot refuse to sign off on your experience. I would report them to the Board of Accountancy. Sing like a canary.

Back to Top View cflas08's Profile Search for other posts by cflas08

fla_examer85
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 15:04 | IP Logged  

I have the Florida work experience form, and I have a question.  Is it possible to work 6 months for one employer, 6 for another and combine them?  Surely I cant be the only person in this type of a situation.

FAR - 11/28/2009 - 81
AUD - 05/13/2010 - 88
Back to Top View fla_examer85's Profile Search for other posts by fla_examer85

gimpy22
Regular
Regular

Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 12:35 | IP Logged  

Inorder for an employer to sign off on experience do they have to be CPA's. My current supervisor and dept manager are not CPAs. I am in internal audit and I know the corporate audit department's manager is a CPA but my manager now just doesnt like me and I doubt that he would put in a good word for me. After all that we go through in taking this exam you would think that everything after that would get easier but it does not.
Back to Top View gimpy22's Profile Search for other posts by gimpy22

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version